This pack is available as a download only. All our Self-study Volunteer Workbooks are now available in fillable pdf format. You can either print them off for the volunteer or, where appropriate, email to the volunteer for online completion and return.
This is the eighth in our volunteer role specific self-study workbooks and we have produced this is response to requests.
Supporting an adult who maybe at risk of abuse can be a daunting task for a volunteer and they need to be able to spot possible signs of abuse and know exactly how to deal with disclosure. This self-study pack will ensure they have covered all the aspects of supporting an adult at risk.
On completion of the workbook, volunteers will:
- have explored what is meant by adults at risk
- have an understanding of who is an adult at risk
- have identified the vulnerability of the adults they work with
- have defined different types of abuse and abusers
- have explored how to spot signs of abuse and deal with disclosure
- have information on where to take concerns and how to report abuse
- have considered possible difficulties and consequences around reporting your concerns
We know it is not always easy to arrange training sessions for a group of volunteers – time and funding restraints prevail. So in response to our customers’ suggestions we have developed the self-study workbooks that volunteers can complete in their own time and which will help them to gain the information and knowledge they will need to carry out their role effectively. For those volunteers who have literacy or support needs this workbook can be completed with the help of a ‘buddy’.
Once complete the volunteer meets with the co-ordinator to go through their responses and deal with any questions or concerns. The volunteer then has their own personal resource that they can add to and refer back to whenever necessary.
This Workbook is just £8.00.
This is a multi-licence product and you have unlimited printing rights for use by the volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
Also included in the download is
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers
- A sample completion certificate in Word for you to customise
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download and request to pay on invoice
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice which means you agree to proceed with the purchase
- We email you the resources ordered
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS