This pack is available as a download only.All our Self-study Volunteer Workbooks are now available in fillable pdf format. You can either print them off for the volunteer or, where appropriate, email to the volunteer for online completion and return.
This is the first in our volunteer role specific self-study workbooks produced in response to numerous requests. Being a charity shop volunteer is not just a case of ‘turn up and get stuck in’; in these days of competiveness and the need to optimise income there is a bit more to it than that. Your volunteers will need to understand the importance of their role in the bigger fundraising picture; as well as having some strategies to deal with any challenges they face while maintaining good customer relations.
On completion of the workbook, volunteers will:
- have information on the history and current situation regarding charity shops
- have an understanding of the organisation’s retail operations – the purpose and aims
- have explored their role as a charity shop assistant
- have identified any policies that may affect their role or the shops operation
- have reflected more on their role in terms of good practice and customer service
- have considered how they might deal with any challenges they may face
- have thought about their progression within the shop
We know it is not always easy to arrange training sessions for a group of volunteers – time and funding restraints prevail. So in response to our customers’ suggestions we have developed the self-study workbooks that volunteers can complete in their own time and which will help them to gain the information and knowledge they will need to carry out their role effectively. For those volunteers who have literacy or support needs this workbook can be completed with the help of a ‘buddy’.
Once complete the volunteer meets with the co-ordinator to go through their responses and deal with any questions or concerns. The volunteer then has their own personal resource that they can add to and refer back to whenever necessary.
This Workbook is just £8.00.
This is a multi-licence product and you have unlimited printing rights for use by the volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
Other titles in this role specific series will be available shortly and we are happy to produce a self-study workbook specific to your volunteer roles.
Also included in the download is
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers
- A sample completion certificate in Word for you to customise
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice and agree to proceed with the purchase
- We mark your order as complete and you receive an email giving you access to the download
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS