This pack is available as a download only.
Befriending is one of the most popular volunteer roles and it is vital volunteers are properly trained. Working through this pack will give them the knowledge, enthusiasm and confidence to go on to become an effective befriender.
On completion of the workbook, volunteers will:
- have understood the meaning of befriender
- have an understanding of who funds and refers to the befriending project
- have explored the role of befriender
- have identified the client’s needs and the expected outcomes from befriending
- have acknowledged the skills needed for a befriender
- have thought about ways of setting boundaries within the befriending relationship
- have explored situations that may arise in the befriending relationship and ways of dealing with them
- have formulated a checklist for getting support
We know it is not always easy to arrange training sessions for a group of volunteers – time and funding restraints prevail. So in response to our customers’ suggestions we have developed the self-study workbooks that volunteers can complete in their own time and which will help them to gain the information and knowledge they will need to carry out their role effectively. For those volunteers who have literacy or support needs this workbook can be completed with the help of a ‘buddy’.
Once complete the volunteer meets with the co-ordinator to go through their responses and deal with any questions or concerns. The volunteer then has their own personal resource that they can add to and refer back to whenever necessary.
This Workbook is just £8.00.
This is a multi-licence product and you have unlimited printing rights for use by the volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
Also included in the download is
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers
- A sample completion certificate in Word for you to customise
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice and agree to proceed with the purchase
- We mark your order as complete and you receive an email giving you access to the download
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS