This pack is available as a download only. All our Self-study Volunteer Workbooks are now available in fillable pdf format. You can either print them off for the volunteer or, where appropriate, email to the volunteer for online completion and return.
Sometimes clients can seem ‘difficult’ or present with challenging behaviour and volunteers do not always know how to deal with that. This self-study workbook helps them explore the reasons behind the difficult behaviour and gives them strategies to cope.
On completion of the workbook, volunteers will:
- have identified difficult behaviour
- have thought about the impact of difficult behaviour on both the volunteers and the organisation
- have recognised the reasons behind this type of behaviour
- have explored ways of dealing with difficult behaviour
- have considered how to create effective boundaries
This Workbook includes exercises on exploring the implications of clients’ difficult behaviour and practical activities on how to deal with it. There is information on problem solving included. We know it is not always easy to arrange training sessions for a group of volunteers – time and funding restraints prevail. So in response to our customers’ suggestions we have developed the self-study workbooks that volunteers can complete in their own time and which will help them to gain the information and knowledge they will need to carry out their role effectively. For those volunteers who have literacy or support needs this workbook can be completed with the help of a ‘buddy’.
Once complete the volunteer meets with the co-ordinator to go through their responses and deal with any questions or concerns. The volunteer then has their own personal resource that they can add to and refer back to whenever necessary.
Also included in the download is
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers
- A sample completion certificate in Word for you to customise
This Workbook is just £8.00.
This is a multi-licence product and you have unlimited printing rights for use by the volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice and agree to proceed with the purchase
- We mark your order as complete and you receive an email giving you access to the download
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS