This pack is available as a download only. All our Self-study Volunteer Workbooks are now available in fillable pdf format. You can either print them off for the volunteer or, where appropriate, email to the volunteer for online completion and return.
This is the resource YOU asked for
It is universally agreed among volunteer co-ordinators that good induction for volunteers is vital and that volunteers are more likely to leave if their induction was unsatisfactory.
Induction gives the volunteer confidence about their ability to do the job and shows them that the organisation places a value on their involvement.
We know it is not always easy to arrange group training for a new intake of volunteers – time and funding restraints prevail. So in response to our customers’ suggestions we have developed a volunteer self-study workbook that volunteers can complete in their own time and which will require them to gain the information and knowledge they will need to carry out their role effectively. For those volunteers who have literacy or support needs this workbook can be completed with the help of a ‘buddy’.
On completion of the workbook, volunteers will:
- have understood the aims and objectives of the organisation and know how the organisation is funded, run, staffed and managed
- have understood what their role involves, what they can and cannot do
- have explored how their involvement will benefit the organisation and those it supports
- have information about the paperwork and the procedures that will effect them
- have an understanding of why the organisation uses volunteers
- have explored the skills a volunteer with the organisation needs
- have identified any difficulties that could arise and know where to take concerns
- have understood how to ensure their safety
- have shown their understanding of confidentiality within their role
Once complete the volunteer meets with the co-ordinator to go through their responses and deal with any questions or concerns. The volunteer then has their own personal resource that they can add to and refer back to whenever necessary.
This pack is just £8.00.
This is a multi-licence product and you have unlimited printing rights for use by the volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
All the time and effort you put into recruitment can be wasted if the induction does not reflect the organisations’ commitment to volunteers.
Also included in the download is
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers
- A sample completion certificate in Word for you to customise
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice and agree to proceed with the purchase
- We mark your order as complete and you receive an email giving you access to the download
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS