Many organisations feel they are doing well in the way they involve older people as volunteers and indeed most organisations do have a reasonable percentage of older people volunteering with them. But is this just the tip of a potentially huge iceberg? Are you missing golden opportunities to involve older volunteers?
According to The Centre for Ageing Better, there will be 18 million people aged 60 or over by 2024 so it’s worth ensuring your organisation is geared to boosting involvement.
This pack is made up of help sheets, information sheets, templates and forms that together make a toolkit for supporting volunteers.
It consists of the following sections:
- Your current situation around older volunteers.
- What older volunteers can bring to your organisation?
- Perceptions and attitudes about older volunteers – theirs, yours and others.
- Some statistics on older people and volunteering.
- What older people want / need from volunteering.
- Barriers older people might face when volunteering.
- Reducing the barriers faced by older people.
- Recruitment strategies for older volunteers.
- Induction & Training
- Retaining your older volunteers
- Good Practice when managing older volunteers.
This is a multi-licence product and you will have unlimited printing rights for use by staff and volunteers within the purchasing branch of the organisation.
For instant access to the download just order and pay via Pay Pal using a debit or credit card, or your Pay Pal account if you have one.
If you need to pay on invoice that’s no problem -
The process for this is:
- You order the download and request an invoice
- We email an invoice
- You email us to confirm receipt of the invoice and agree to proceed with the purchase
- We mark your order as complete and you receive an email giving you access to the download
- Our terms are 30 days from invoice date and you can pay by cheque or BACS
Toolkit for Engaging with Older Volunteers