A three-hour training session – An Introduction to Working with the Organisation, essential for volunteer induction.
Aims and Objectives
By the end of this session participants will have:
- an understanding of the aims and objectives of the organisation
- knowledge of how it is funded, staffed and managed
- discussed the type of client the organisation supports, their circumstances and their expectations
- defined their role and the skills and abilities they will need to carry out that role
- identified the benefits of their participation to the organisation, the client and to themselves as volunteers
- information about the paperwork involved and the procedures that will effect them as volunteers
It is important at this induction stage to remember that you are still ‘selling’ the idea of joining your organisation and the exercises in this session will reinforce motivation and desire to continue. No matter whether you want to deliver informal training or something more structured it is important that the training is professional and has been taken seriously by the organisation. This will illustrate to the volunteer that their participation is valued.
At 3 hours this is long enough not to seem too daunting to new volunteers, but the content will ensure they have sufficient knowledge of the organisation and what is expected of them.
This pack contains all you need to deliver this training session –
- Session timetable
- Easy to follow timed activities
- Trainer notes to help with the delivery of the activities
- All necessary handouts, activity sheets and case studies on accompanying CD
- Power Point presentation on accompanying CD
- A complimentary multi-licence Skills Portfolio for use by your volunteers; plus other useful extras, on the CD
Price £22.00 – hard copy.
P&P: £3.25 (added to your order at the end of the checkout process)
Prefer to download the pack now? Please click the ‘Downloadable’ button – top right of the main Products page to order.