Managing volunteers can be both the best of jobs and the most challenging. A successful volunteer programme is not achieved by luck but by hard work, determination and planning, plus a sense of humour. This one-day course covers the basics for developing a successful volunteer programme.
The course includes practical activities to allow participants to practise the skills needed to manage volunteers.
Aims & Objectives
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Identified why organisations use volunteers
- Explored what to include in a volunteer role description
- Considered ways of ensuring diversity in volunteer recruitment
- Pondered the case for selection
- Have defined the meaning of a Volunteer Policy / Agreement
- Explored whether volunteer policies or agreements are necessary
- Discussed appropriate language to use in volunteer policies and agreements
- Considered what should be included in a Volunteer Policy / Agreement – some
- do’s and don’ts
- Have begun to develop a Volunteer Policy and Agreement
- Discussed the need for training & ways to deliver training to volunteers
This Training Manual contains all you need to deliver this half day course -
- Session timetable
- Easy to follow timed activities
- Trainer notes to help with the delivery of the activities
- All necessary handouts, activity sheets and case studies on CD
- Power Point presentation on CD
Price £22.00 – hard copy.
P&P: £3.25 (added to your order at the end of the checkout process)
Prefer to download the pack now? Please click the ‘Downloadable’ button – top right of the main Products page to order.