Diversity is key when looking at recruiting and retaining volunteers. All organisations need to ensure they are diverse and able to recruit and manage volunteers with extra support needs – this pack will ensure that anyone with responsibility for recruiting and managing volunteers can do so in a diverse environment.
A half-day introduction to Managing Volunteers with Extra Support Needs
Aims & Objectives
By the end of this session participants will:
- have identified different support needs
- have recognised & acknowledged the barriers people with extra support needs face when volunteering
- have explored how an organisation could reduce the barriers faced by volunteers with extra support needs to both aid recruitment and retention
- have discussed how to inform all staff/volunteers in a positive manner
- have considered strategies to deal with potential hazards
- have an awareness of the benefits to an organisation of diversifying its volunteer base
This Training Manual contains all you need to deliver this half day course -
- Session timetable
- Easy to follow timed activities
- Trainer notes to help with the delivery of the activities
- All necessary handouts, activity sheets and case studies on CD
- Power Point presentation on CD
Price £22.00 – hard copy.
P&P: £3.25 (added to your order at the end of the checkout process)
Prefer to download the pack now? Please click the ‘Downloadable’ button – top right of the main Products page to order.